AmigaActive (1658/2143)

From:Richard Lane
Date:25 May 2000 at 16:07:34
Subject:AGA and Iiyama monitor

Hello,

Currently I have a nice new Iiyama SJ700JT1 monitor bought a few weeks ago
together with a scandoubler/flicker fixer which works and looks terrific.
However, I seem to be limited to just the standard PAL and NTSC screenmodes,
which while very nice hardly do the monitor justice. If I try to use anything
else, because of the scandoubler/flicker fixer it wont display, I just get a
nice little "out-of-range" message on the screen. If I buy one of those 23pin
to VGA adaptors can I make use of some of the other higher resolution
AGA/multisync modes by not using the scandoubler? In the manual it says....

Scanning Frequency - H-Frequency 30kHz - 70kHz
V-Frequency 50kHz - 160kHz

There's also a "Factory Preset timing Table" with loads of of figures in if
anyone needs them.

And before anyone suggests the obvious I can't afford a tower/ busboard / GFX
card combo atm. :)

Best Regards, Richard Lane -

amiga@redhotant.com

richard@magnumopus.co.uk

Author: AmiNET - biz/dopus/Magnum_Opus31a.lha
Web site - http://www.magnumopus.co.uk

How come pizza gets to your house faster than the police?

Find long lost high school friends: